Saturday, January 7, 2012

my evolution.

This past holiday season was probably the best I've ever had.
I made a big decision that influenced it a ton.
I chose balance over insanity.
I actually said "no" to those last-minute-larry's that wanted me to do sessions the week before Christmas.
I did most of my shopping online so I didn't become an evil grinch if someone stole my parking spot or cut in line in front of me.
I turned off my computer in the evening.
We lit fire's in the fireplace, and relaxed with family.
I did crafts I found on Pinterest, and cooked recipes that I'd wanted to try for years.
I breathed in deep. And was mindful. And sat and watched. And listened.
And embraced all the newness my 18 month old daughter discovered as she seemed to finally (kinda) understand the concept of Christmas.
It was beautiful.










Balance.
It's my biggest enemy.
We fight way too much.
I've tried to break up with him so many times, but he keeps coming around.
I'm learning to let him win.
Stop putting up such a fight.

2012.
It's a new year.
I'm ready for change.
Ready for more freedom to enjoy what's most important in life.
More balance.

One of the first steps is to begin the new year with a new blog!
A new storefront.
I'm ironing out all the wrinkles as you read this.
Check back in about a week for
the FUN, FRESH, FABULOUS
and NEW....